Wednesday, August 23, 2006

AJ Thows Out First Pitch for the Twins!


My buddy AJ recently had the honor of throwing out the first pitch at a Twins home game!

From AJ: "It was as close to awesome as you can get! If you notice the goofy smile on my face while on the mound, that was completely unavoidable. I was smiling uncontrollably. ;) Anyway, when it came time to do the pitch, I took my time and did the full windup. Everything was feeling good... until I let go of the ball! It sailed about ten feet over home plate. Not even the Twin mascot, TC Bear, could catch it. The ball banged off the back wall and I felt a bit silly. I never was a very good pitcher. I kept thinking about the quote from the movie "Bull Durham"... "HIT THE BULL!" But despite that minor hickup, it was still a terrific experience. I passed right by Harmon Killewbrew and Tony Oliva in the tunnel out to the field. Also, Gardy walked right by us on his way to the dugout - he said hello to the girls. Good times."



Comments:
When I first saw this, I thought you meant AJ Pierzynski, who once played for them and is now hated.

JOhn
 
This blog sucks donkey, walrus, zebra, and dolphin.

I am going to start squating in the comments, starbuck-style.

John
 
ITEM!

Today I had a hankering for some Popeye's chicken. So, I search for the nearest location and discover it is at the corner of Jackson and Clark.

So I walk over there, and you know what? You literally have to go through a metal detector to get to Popeye's Chicken. Whoa!

It probably has to do with that location being encased in a Federal Building - but still! Popeye's Chicken!

I hope you are doing well,

John
 
ITEM!

Last night the Oakland A's won the Western Division title of the American Leauge.

I have no problem with that. I like their balanced, no-name (except for Chavez, Zito, and Thomas) players and the brilliance of their General Manager.

My main problem with this team is their uniforms. They remind me of that fake team the Harlem Globetrotters always play. Kind of generic, we bought these at Sam's Sporting goods look. Hmmm.

Hope you are well!

John
 
Hey-HOOOOO!

The above is my new catchphrase.

The current kerfuffle in Congress reminds me of one of the earliest dirty jokes I ever learned (probably circa 1978).

Question: Why don't congressmen use bookmarks?

Answer: They just bend over the pages.

Ha! I heard this joke at an age where I did not understand it. Ha-rumph.

Hope you are well!

John

PS: I am thinking about ressurecting "Suburban Scrawl".
 
I think you should definitely ressurect "Sub-Scrawl". I miss it.

Thanks for breathing some life into my blog. I'm going to be adding more tech content in the future, so you may want to clear out before I put my "P-hat" back on...
 
Hmmm.

Well, until that happens, you can help may answer a question that has been bothering me.

Who is awesomer: Supertramp or Steely Dan?

Thanks,

John
 
That one is way to easy. I mean, "The Dan" is awesome and everything, but "The Tramp" were so totally awesome that they were seriously awesomely sweet.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?